“Montanha Verde” Operation 2019
13 November, 2019
Developed in 2016 and promoted by Zoomarine within its “TOGETHER WE PROTECT” philosophy, “Montanha Verde Operation” 2019 counted with 4174 volunteers (including individual volunteers, families, schools and several public and private institutions).
Our region has grown a little greener this week: on November 10th and 11th, 42’000 trees were planted in 8 Algarve counties with the help of over 4000 volunteers who provided their time, dedication and strength for the collective protection of Algarve’s natural values .
It had the support of:
- the High Patronage of His Excellency, the President of the Portuguese Republic;
- Município de Silves;
- Município de Loulé;
- Município de Monchique;
- Município de Portimão;
- Município de S. B. Alportel;
- Município de Lagoa;
- Município de Olhão;
- Município de Tavira;
- RTA – Região de Turismo do Algarve;
- Horto Alegria do Norte;
- ICNF – Instituto da Conservação da Natureza e Florestas (Institute for Nature Conservation and Forests);
- Ordem dos Biólogos (Order of Biologists);
- Vila Vita Parc;
- Águas do Algarve;
Our sincere appreciation to all of whom joined this cause.
We are counting on you for the year to come.
Because Together We Protect!